Every year, thousands of students across India attempt to crack the highly competitive IAS exam in order to become Civil Servants and serve their country. Becoming an IAS officer is a dream come true for many aspiring candidates but achieving this dream requires dedication and hard work from the very beginning. If you are a 12th board student who is looking to prepare for the IAS exam, then this article is just what you need! Read on to find out how you can prepare for the IAS exam after 12th board exams and take one step closer towards achieving your goals.
Read More Info – Best IAS Coaching In Indore
What should you do after 12th to prepare for the IAS exam?
It is essential to start preparing for the IAS exam as early as possible. Ideally, students should start preparing during their final year of high school. However, students can also begin preparing after they have completed their 12th grade board exams.
There are a number of things that students can do to prepare for the IAS exam. First, students should familiarize themselves with the structure and format of the exam. They can do this by reading books and articles about the exam, as well as by taking practice tests. Second, students should develop a study plan and stick to it. They should set aside time each day or week to study for the exam and make sure to cover all of the material that will be on the test. Finally, students should try to get in touch with other people who are preparing for the IAS exam. These people can provide support and advice during the preparation process.
Tips to Improve UPSC Preparation Strategy
1. Tip #1: Understand the Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The first step towards preparing for the UPSC Civil Services Examination is to have a clear understanding of the exam pattern and syllabus. The UPSC Exam Pattern comprises of two stages – Preliminary and Main. Candidates who clear the Preliminary Examination (objective type) are eligible to appear for the Main Examination (written and interview). It is important that you are well-versed with the examination pattern and syllabus in order to devise an effective preparation strategy.
2. Tip #2: Choose the Right Study Material
With the vast array of study material available for the UPSC Civil Services Examination, it can be quite overwhelming for candidates to choose what to study and what to leave out. While there is no dearth of resources, it is important that you select study material wisely in order to make the most of your time and effort. Refer to reliable sources such as NCERT textbooks, standard reference books, mock tests, etc. to prepare for the examination.
3. Tip #3: Develop a Strong Foundation
One of the most important tips for preparing for the UPSC Civil Services Examination is to develop a strong foundation in all subjects covered under the syllabus. This will not only help you score well in the examination but will also stand you in good stead during your career as a civil servant.
IAS Exam Pattern
The IAS Exam Pattern consists of three stages:
1. Preliminary Examination: This is the first stage of the IAS Exam and is held annually. It is a multiple choice question paper consisting of two objective-type papers (General Studies Paper I and General Studies Paper II). Candidates who qualify in this examination are eligible to appear for the Main Examination.
2. Main Examination: This is the second stage of the IAS Exam and is held annually. It consists of nine written papers, two qualifying papers (Paper A and Paper B) and seven papers for mains examination (Paper I to Paper VII). The Main Examination is designed to test a candidate’s intellectual depth, analytical ability and range of interests.
3. Interview or Personality Test: This is the third and final stage of the IAS Exam. It aims at testing a candidate’s suitability for a career in public service by assessing his/her personality, intellectual understanding and clarity of expression.
How can Supercoachinghub Free IAS Prep help you with IAS preparation?
Supercoachinghub Free IAS Prep can help you in a number of ways with your IAS preparation. Firstly, they provide high-quality study material for all the subjects included in the UPSC syllabus. The study material is designed by experts and covers all the important topics that you need to know for the exam. Secondly, they provide regular mock tests and practice questions that you can use to test your knowledge and prepare for the exam. Lastly, they also have a team of experienced and qualified tutors who can guide and support you throughout your preparation journey.